Sunday, December 23, 2012

IRENE COUNTRY MARKET and descending Christmas spirit...

Hello there everyone!


Last Monday was a public holiday here in South Africa.  My daughters took me to 'IRENE COUNTRY MARKET' for a VERY belated birthday outing (My bithday was in May),  This trip has been on the cards for a while, but we've never found a date that was convenient for us all.  It was an exquisite day - clear blue skies with bright sunlight.  Thankfully we went early - to avoid the inevitable heat later during the day.

Some pictures of the market:

 Walking down the country lane, towards the market.

 Reasons to salivate...
 Below: Kudu (antelope) wood carvings.
 Glassware - with embedded flowers...
 Beautiful table cloths...
 Colourful, steel wall-hangings...
 Painted, wooden and clay wall-hangings...
 Below: My favourite:  A small 'baby grand piano' - all made out of steel.  Incredible artistry!
 The creative energy and atmosphere is palpable...
 Below:  
I don't know how it happened, but I was convinced by Robz that a camel ride should be on my bucket list.
  "Ok," I said.  "Let's do it".  I held on tight...
 Very uncomfortable, but lots of giggles...  The worst part is the end where the camel eagerly resumes his spot on his blanket next to the straw.  You soon realise how how high you have been when he finally sinks to the ground.  
Robyn says that I screamed.  Quite frankly, I can't remember.  :)
Camel ride done and ticked!  
Off my bucket list, lol!
The Christmas spirit is descending.  The tree is up, twinkling and laden with gifts.  Carols fill the air, meals are prepared, dogs get extra walks and the family are all 'at home'  (well almost) 

But I must say that my mind and heart is filled with the image of a little golden bundle all those miles away... waiting until she's old enough to come home.

I asked the breeder if she could PLEASE take a photo of her daughter and little 'Belle'. 
This is what was posted on FB.  Although it's not labelled, I would bet my bottom dollar that this is my little one.  :)

What a beautiful photo! 
 Thank you Marycke Ackhurst from Quillquest Golden Retrievers.

I can't wait for the 25th January when puppy comes home.  
The pups are only 3 weeks old at this stage.  They had their first 'real' meal recently.
Wishing all my friends a wonderful, peaceful and happy Christmas season.
With love


8 comments:

Scout and Freyja said...

How far is that market from your home? I'd love to go there. And, the pup is adorable. You said you'd have to fly to get it. Since you are in summer will you be able to take it on-board with you when you come home? Does seem that it would be safe in Cargo in such heat.

My Dog Sam - Ruptured Disk said...

Hi Maxmom, that was a very nice visit to the market. Sadly all of our outdoor markets will have to wait until the Spring at least. It's raining and cold in Vancouver. The snow's pretty much been washed away in the city but there's lots on the ski hills.

Frankie Furter and Ernie said...

Well worth the wait for such a great market trip.

Merry Christmas to YOU and all those you Love.

MySpecialDoggies said...

Hi Caryl - Merry Christmas to you & yours too! I would love to go to an open market in December - but it's too cold in Philadelphia. Your puppy is adorable.

Woofs
Nadine & goldens Neeli & Elle

Angel Ginger Jasper said...

What a wonderful market tha is. I would love to visit that. But oh my cat just look at the puppy. Adorable.. Hugs Carol and GJ xx

Two French Bulldogs said...

we would love to go to that market. Mom love those flower wall hanging.
Precious baby...
Snuggles,
Benny & Lily

Val said...

that market looked amazing and all that beautiful artwork. I could have wandered around those booths all days. What talent.
A camel ride-- :) well that's just fun and oh that puppy is just too sweet.
Merry Christmas Caryl

Mary Lou said...

MAXMOM....
Well, you know what they say? Better late than never!! Happy birthday!! Late!! ;-}
Trigger. My. Sweet tooth!! Those pastries look delicious!! ;)
That flower-embedded glassware looks beautiful!! ;-D
Oh. My. Goodness!! That steel piano is so detailed!! ;-]
I have never ridden a camel before!! An elephant when I was about five years old. But no camel!! ;->
Merry Christmas and happy 2013!! ;op
Love, Raelyn.... And Rose, my BEAUTIFULLY UNIQUE "Mystery Dog"!!