Monday, May 6, 2013

OUR AFRICAN SAFARI - TANGALA: FINAL BUMPER BLOGPOST

GREETINGS FROM SOUTH AFRICA!
MAXMOM here...

Dear readers,
This is my final blogpost in the series: "OUR AFRICAN SAFARI - TANGALA".  
If you have missed any of these posts, I encourage you to read back by clicking on the links in the left hand toolbar of this blog. 

We spent an amazing four days in the African bush and we leave TANGALA PRIVATE LODGE with millions of beautiful photographs and tons of wonderful memories. 

Once again, I would like to express my deep gratitude to the trackers, rangers, catering staff, ground-staff, general staff and management of this beautiful lodge.  Please be encouraged to improve and grow your beautiful bush treasure. I hope that, by presenting this particular series of blog posts, you will have gained many more fans and guests to your beautiful bush hide-out.

 By way of tribute, I have put together a 10-minute-video for everybody at 
who made this experience possible.
To my readers - grab a 'cuppa', sit back and enjoy our adventure:


(If you prefer to see only THE LIONS MATING - 2 minutes 33 secs - click HERE)

Today I present a bumper photographic post - a celebration of this incredibly holiday - well over 40 photographs!

ENJOY! ...

---xXx---

Golden orb spider:
CATERPILLARS on bush:

 CROCODILE (Small):
 Two resident PORCUPINES at the lodge:
 My first sighting ever of a CIVET CAT (behind the porcupines)
 AFRICAN VERVET MONKEY:
 BABOON:
GIRAFFE:

NYALA BULL:
KUDU female and calf:
IMPALA crossing the road:

 IMPALA HERD in the early morning sunlight:
 Magnificent KUDU bull
 IMPALA jumping:

TANGALA PRIVATE LODGE at night:
"Stella" at the bar:
 The beautiful candle-lit dinner waiting for us when we returned from our game drive:
(in celebration of our 30th Anniversary):
 A closer look at the effort that was made,
(Many thanks to those who prepared it)
 TANGALA fireside at dinner-time:
 The special 'spread' prepared for a honeymoon couple who spent time at the lodge.
The effort that went on behind the scenes to ensure this particular 'bush' dinner is commendable! 
A beautiful EAGLE (I think it is a Brown snake eagle ?)
 EAGLE taking off:
 RED-BILLED OXPECKERS:
Thanks to the tracker and ranger, we were taken into the midst of a
BUFFALO BREEDING HERD:
 BUFFALO mother and calf:
 BUFFALO calf:
 Lone BUFFALO BULL - having a mud-bath:
LIONESSES: 




ELEPHANT BULL (with a broken tusk):
 YOUNG ELEPHANT with a broken hip:
(Front elephant- right back leg)
 ELEPHANT mother and calf
 ELEPHANT calf:
 What the ELEPHANTS though of us:
ELEPHANT foot:
 Finally, a photograph that highlights the expertise of TANGALA's incredible rangers and trackers:
(Many, many thanks for getting me in position to take this photo!)

Sending lotsaluv to all my readers,

7 comments:

Molly the Airedale said...

What an incredible adventure and such fabulous photos! We have so enjoyed this, Maxmom!

Love ya lots,
Mitch and Molly

MySpecialDoggies said...

Incredible pictures - wow, what an awesome vacation for you!

Woofs
Nadine & goldens Neeli & Elle

Mrs. JP said...

Thanks for all the pictures.

NanaNor's said...

Caryl, Wow is all I can say! You are so gifted in photography!
Hugs today.
Noreen

Tweedles -- that's me said...

totally amazing photos!
thank you!
love
tweedles

Unknown said...

I can see that you had the best safari adventure ever! I started reading your post from the very start. You are a great story-teller that it made me feel like I was with you in your trip. I hope that I can already pursue with the safari experience before my wedding since it’s my dream to go and explore the African wild while I’m still single. What d’you think about that dream? Haha! :D

-Jordan Hood-

Maxmom said...

Hi there Jordan :)
What do I think about your dream?
Well, I think you should consider getting married IN the African bush! :)
Sending lotsaluv,
C