Monday, August 27, 2012

Yet another unexpected surprise!

GREETINGS FROM SOUTH AFRICA!
MAXMOM here...
"What's up, Twix?" I ask as I hold the little guinea-pig in my hands. 

In the past 6 weeks, the little thing has blossomed big-time.  She's undergone a miraculous transformation.  In true Guinea-pig-Cindarella fashion she has morphed from a malnourished, bitten and terrified little GP into a real beauty. This has all happened since the 13th July.  It's amazing what a little bit of TLC and some good food can do for an animal.

Yet, something is not quite right with littleTwix.  Only three days ago she bit me.  It was totally out of character and led me to question what on earth is going on.  Usually she's tame and more than willing to cuddle, but this time I got a firm warning not to press my luck.  What's up little one?

"Maybe she's lonely," I suggested to the Boss.  He shakes his head in disbelief - knowing that I'd buy another GP at the drop of a hat in order to alleviate her angst . 

"No, no more!" is his reply.

"Well, what's going on?" I re-direct.  He keeps shaking his head.  It's mystifying.

I lift the little pig onto my chest and sit down in a comfortable chair.  I am determined to spend some time observing her and attempting to uncover the mystery.  What is ailing her? 

Suddenly it happens and realisation hits me.  My fingers are tucked underneath her and a small, but all-too-familiar ripple pulses across my fingers - it's the unmistakable sign that a miracle is underway. I look at her in total surprise.

"Twix? No!.....uhm, surely?  No, it can't be!"

"What's up?" the Boss asks

"Ummmm.....I have a feeling that Twix is pregnant!"

The Boss dissolves into a fit of laughter.  It's the second time this has happened to us...'Purchased Pregnant!'  It appears that not only was she in shocking condition when we 'rescued' her, but she was pregnant as well....

How can this possibly happen to a single household - TWICE in a matter of months?  Twix has had no interaction with the other GP's belonging to Miss R.  Besides, 'Scotch'  (the male) has been neutered.  Little Twix, despite her appalling state when I rescued her, must have been pregnant before she arrived.  

I simply can't believe i!.  She was so, so young when I 'rescued' her.  Yet, the miracle of life has defied us all.  It's only a matter of time before the inevitable happens and our dear little Twix will finally have the 'company' she may have always wanted.  Oops!

Isn't this simply miraculous? I am in a state of disbelief.

Sending lotsaluv,







ps.  Please spare a thought for dear "Mr Scotch" who will be undergoing an operation tomorrow to remove a tumour.  Miss R is pretty worried about him.  He's been a good companion to her...
(Left: Mr Scotch)

16 comments:

How Sam Sees It said...

How fun! We can't wait to see the babies!

Sam

Val said...

Oh my!!! Tell the Boss that at least you didn't "have" to purchase another one to keep her company....LOL
Can't for more of the story to unfold. Prayers for Mr. Scotch.

Millie and Walter said...

When you kept writing about how much Twix had "filled out" I kept thinking she might be pregnant but didn't mention it. I guess we all thought it was your good nutrition. Here's hoping she will make a great mom and have an uneventful delivery. Sending prayers for Mr. Scotch too.

Cindy

24 Paws of Love said...

How exciting! What good love and some tender care will do. Little did you know that you were helping Twix save her babies. We can't wait to see the them. :)

And 24 Paws Crossed for Mr. Scotch. Hope he comes home real soon.

rottrover said...

hahahaha! That happened once when I rescued a very affectionate kitty when I was in college. SURPRISE!!

WFT Nobby said...

Well that sounds good news about Twix. Never a dull moments with the Moll Menagerie! Will you be keeping any of the wee guinea-piglets?

Paws crossed that Mr Scotch pulls through OK.

Cheers,
Gail.

PS A field trip to South Africa would be wonderful!

Mrs. JP said...

Wow, that is amazing! I know you're taking good care of her and hope Scotch does well.

Mrs. JP said...

Wow, that is amazing! I know you're taking good care of her and hope Scotch does well.

Two French Bulldogs said...

Oh This is going to be exciting
Benny & Lily

Molly the Airedale said...

awwwwwwww - Twix is going to be a mommy!
We're sending lots of positive thoughts Scotch's way.

Love ya lots,
Mitch and Molly

sprinkles said...

How fun it'll be to have babies around!

Scotch is in my prayers.

Suka said...

Twix is adorable, and what a lovely surprise! So glad you noticed! And yes, that is odd that it has happened twice! God must know you can handle it. :->

Suka's paws are crossed for Mr. Scotch and our prayers will be with him as he undergoes his surgery.

Suka and K

My Dog Sam - Ruptured Disk said...

We hope that Mr. Scotch will be fine. MaxMom - you'll be operating a gp ranch soon.

Sally Ann and Andy said...

Wow, she will be a Mommy piggy. Go Miss Twix!

Dexter said...

Oh my! You are going to be overrun with little piggies soon.

Mango Momma

Tweedles -- that's me said...

Gosh, I am a little late in visiting
(due to the sickies) and so I am sending good thoughts for Scotch!
And of course for the mama to be!
love
tweedles