Friday, January 11, 2013

A TRIBUTE TO ZENA BUTLER - with my love and appreciation for all that she has done for me and my Goldens.


In loving memory of

Zena Butler
20/12/1946 - 10/1/2013


No tribute is great enough for Max and Toby’s ‘Granny’ on this sad day…
My tears fall...

...but in the midst of my grief, a new light shines...
 encasing memories - each one precious:

Zena's forceful spirit determinedly lived life to the full;
Her charitableness, time and compassion was always available for anyone in need;
Her wisdom ; her talent; her advice… readily on call.

Zena's specific love for the Goldens of our planet had no boundaries
...and her dogs shone because of it.
Her joyous laughter at the end of that telephone line...
...muffled by the barking of Goldens in the background,
was music to anyone's ears.
Zena always had time for me, and I was grateful.

Her unmitigated pride when I told her about the antics of Max and Toby;
coupled with her invaluable presence throughout my Goldens' lives.
Zena's empathy and comfort at the time of my own grief - particularly Maxdog’s crossing - touched me deeply;
"Granny Zena" was committed to being present for all our important occasions;

…and much, much more!

Gone now – 
the world, and its 'dog world' is a poorer place with her departure
… but my fondness and my memories will live on… 
I loved you, Zena!

Rest-in-peace, ‘Granny Zena’.  
May the arms of God embrace and welcome you – with the chorus of all the Golden angels who have preceded you. 
We loved you. 
We’ll miss you dearly.

---xXx---

My sincere condolences go to the family of Zena:
particularly Alan, Mark, Donovan, Brenda, Shirley, Eileen, Sue, Steve and her many relatives and friends (both overseas and in South Africa).  
Zena was truly an amazing lady!
May you be comforted by the love of your friends at this very difficult time.

With love

11 comments:

Milo and Alfie Marshall said...

So very sorry to hear of your loss. The world is a sadder place when we lose an animal lover from it. RIP dear lady.
Sending love and purrs to Maxmom and family and friends of Zena. xx

SJ HAIR DESIGN said...

Such a lovely tribute. Zena was my Auntie (all be it step auntie) and she was the most wonderful person ever. What that lady didn't know about dogs wasn't worth knowing. We may have lived in different countries but I am so pleased she managed to be here 2 years ago for the birth of my son. She was with me at the hospital when I had him and I will remember her very fondly. Love you Auntie Zena xxxxx

Sue said...

A truly beautiful tribute. I will miss one of my best friends and one of the most caring people in this world. Thank you Zena for all your love and wonderful times spent together. Love you xx

The Life of Riley said...

A lovely tribute, to a lady whose love of Goldens made the world a better place.

STELLA and RORY from Down Under said...

Caryl, so sorry to hear about your dear friend. Gentle hugs to you and sincere consolences to her family and friends.
No worries, and love, Carol (and Stella and Rory)

Angel Ginger Jasper said...

Beautiful tribute.. RIP dear sweet lady.. Hugs GJ xx

WFT Nobby said...

That is sad news indeed. But also a beautiful and surely well deserved tribute to your dear friend.
All the best,
Gail.

My Dog Sam - Ruptured Disk said...

Very passionate tribute.

Mary Lou said...

MAXMOM....
Please accept my most heartfelt condolences , Friend. She sounded like a wonderful person.
Take care.... ;op
Love, Raelyn.... And Rose, my BEAUTIFULLY UNIQUE "Mystery Dog"!!

Scout and Freyja said...

Her physical-self may be gone but her legacy of rescue will live on.

Baby Rocket Dog and Hootie said...

A lovely tribute.
xx-
BabyRD & Hootie