Friday, January 25, 2013

The day has arrived!...

GREETINGS FROM SOUTH AFRICA!
The day has finally arrived!......
 A crescendo of excitement is swamping my senses at this point in time.
In just under four hours, I will be welcoming little "LEXI" into our lives.
By the time most of my readers see this post, Lexi will be with us.
(I will post more pictures once things have settled down).

---xXx---

At 10.30am this morning, "Lexi" was taken, in her little crate, to Cape Town International Airport. 
Soon she will board her flight home to Johannesburg. 
A phone call from Marycke Ackhurst at
 ...revealed that my little bundle is totally chilled and has fallen asleep in her crate.  She is accompanied by her special blanket, toys and a few other things.  She is well and happy. 

Yesterday, Lexi also received the 'all clear' from her vet in Cape Town...
(What a well behaved little doggie!)

So now we watch the clock..and the minutes passing by...very slowly...

mmm...my basket is packed:
" What's in the basket?" you might ask.

Well, let's see...

* A pair of scissors - to open the cable ties on the crate when she arrives
*Lexi's brand new 'pink' collar and lead
* My camera
* Water and a water bowl for Lexi to refresh herself
*Some newspaper, roller towel and 'doggie-poo-bags' - just in case...
* Pheromone spray
* Towel - just in case..
* Lexi's new 'Growling Piggy toy'
...and ME!

This morning, I've been playing a bit with TOBY and TAMMY.
They know that something is up, but they have no idea how big this event is...
 "That's my toy, Maxmom!"

I know that when my new little bundle arrives my time will be limited, so yesterday I finally got to loading up the video of my 'sweet hooligan' TOBY and his swimming pool antics...



... but, for the moment, my mind is focussed on the imminent arrival of our new puppy...

At 14h10 Lexi's plane will arrive at Lanseria airport, just outside Johannesburg.  My dear friend, Lorraine, and I will be driving out to the airport well in time for a cup of tea and the opportunity to watch her plane land. 10 minutes later, she'll be ferried off the plane and brought directly to me. During this time, she will be cared for and handled by the friendly 'Desiree' at BidAir. 

This is one of the most exciting days of my life. ...!

Everything is prepared and we can't wait to welcome our little Golden bundle home! 
Travel safely, little Lexi! And ((Hugs)) to Marycke (the star in all of this!) ♥

Above: "LEXI"
(Quillquest: "Princess Aurora")

I hope that I am going to be a good 'Lexi-mommy'.
Sending lotsaluv

14 comments:

WFT Nobby said...

Aw, Lexi, that's a lovely name. Safe journey, wee Lexi.
Toodle pip!
Bertie.

The Life of Riley said...

We are so excited for you!

Milo and Alfie Marshall said...

We can feel the excitement and can't wait to hear more news. xxxxx

Molly the Airedale said...

We are superexcited for you, Maxmom!
We loved your video, Toby! You look like you're having so much fun!

Love ya lots,
Mitch and Molly

kks said...

love the video!! congrats on your new babe!!!
xoxo

Maggie Mae and Max said...

YaY!! We is so very happy fur all of you MaxMom! Can't wait to see more fotos of sweet Lexi. Her has hit da furever home jackpot fur sure!

Woofs and Licks,
Maggie Mae and Max

Angels Amber and Max DaWeenie and Mom said...

Can't wait to see her in your arms!

Scout and Freyja said...

Toby's diving form is gorgeous!

Millie and Walter said...

I can't wait to see pictures and hear about Lexi's arrival. Toby sure has some nice diving form and will have lots to teach his new sister.

Cindy

rottrover said...

Toby is going to be such a great big brother!!

Cheers!

-Bart and Ruby

Two French Bulldogs said...

Welcome sweetie!
Benny & Lily

Mary Lou said...

MAXMOM....
Lexi.... I like that name!! ;)
Guess what?! I did not receive "Maxdog" for Christmas as I'd hoped.... However. January 25th also happens to be my birthday!! Which means.... I got it today!! I cannot wait to read "Maxdog"!! ;op
--Raelyn and Rose

Tweedles -- that's me said...

Everyone will be so happy!
love
tweedles

Val said...

Playing catch up....That Lexi is sure a cutie and oh what a life she will have ahead of her.
Love the name...is there a story behind the name??
enjoy your new baby :)