Thursday, January 2, 2014

365 Grateful: DAY 2: I am grateful for the incredible diversity of animals on this earth

Hello, dear friends and...
A VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL!!!

My prayer is that our Lord you will bless you all abundantly during this new brand new year: that He will fill you with faith, hope, love and immense peace; that you will be able to lovingly reach out anew to the people around you and to perhaps touch someone's life in a significant manner.

---xXx---
(Above:  The Meerkat mommy tending her babies...)

---xXx---

This year, I have decided to take up a very specific challenge and I am starting this project today. 
 Perhaps you'd like to join me? 
The project is called
It is a simple project and involves finding something everyday (and to perhaps photograph it) for which you are grateful. 
Gratitude is often something we forget to express.  This year, I resolve to be more grateful and to express my gratitude more. I am going to try my best to put up at least one picture every day - no matter how simple - and to share it with you.

(Please click on the above link and read up more about the project).

Since I missed putting up a blogpost yesterday, I am including yesterday's item here:

1 JANUARY 2014
***I am grateful for the incredible blessing of my family! 
Thank you - Les, Robyn and Jenny for all you mean to me.
I love you!

---xXx---

2 JANUARY 2014
***I am grateful for the incredible diversity of animals on this earth!

Today is my daughter's birthday. (Happy birthday, Miss R!!!)
By way of celebration, we decided to take a morning off and spend it at the Johannesburg Zoo. 
I am amazed at the diversity of creatures on this earth. It was with some sadness that I noticed numerous signs on various enclosures marked: 'ENDANGERED'.  This really brought home the importance of these creatures to our planet. I am so grateful that I share my planet with such an abundance of wild life. If only we can all play our part to preserve our wonderful heritage.

Here are a few pictures of our visit:

 Mokoko the Gorilla...
 A future vet student (?)...so sweet!

 Beautiful birds...

 Antelope...
 Elephant...
 Rhinocerous...
(Will my great-grandchildren be able to see these creatures during their lifetime?)

 Poor Polar bear - in the sweltering African heat...
Obviously there were so many more pictures, but I've just selected a few for today's challenge.

---xXx---
So...
are you going to join me in this challenge?
Let's all share some gratitude.


Sending lots of love