Monday, August 15, 2011

HOERSKOOL RANDBURG says 'THANK YOU' to TOBY and ME...

GREETINGS FROM SOUTH AFRICA!
MAXMOM and TOBY here...

Hey there everyone!
It's been a very hectic few days and we have so much news to share.  Unfortunately, it can't possibly fall into one blogpost, so I thought I'd start with our most recent news - a very special event -

Toby and I received an invitation to attend the school assembly of

This is the high school that presented the production of 
three months ago



  You will recall that TOBY played the role of SANDY in this stage musical and spent three months training for this special event.

Well, the school asked us to attend the assembly, this morning,  so that they could formally say 'thank you' to us for our participation.

We gladly accepted the invitation...

So, early this morning, I piled TOBY up into the car, collected my friend Lorraine
 (Who graciously took today's photographs - Thank you, Lorraine)
 and joined the early-morning traffic.  I wanted to get to the school early so that I could settleTOBY before the start of the assembly.

He remembered the school and the minute I put on his blue bandanna, he adopted his
 'well-behaved, working dog demeanour'.  

Everytime I do this, he understands, instantly,  that it's
 'working' time!
  He'll calm down totally and give me his undivided and totally- focussed attention

Outside the hall, he delighted in offering his paw, in greeting, to some of the children.

I took him inside the hall - before the children arrived - to familiarise him, once again, with the stage.  He was totally comfortable and at ease. We went up and down the steps a few times and practiced his bow, his handshake and his 'talk'. Then we went back outside to wait for the assembly to start.

Once the children were in the hall, we were invited onto stage.


First, TOBY shook hands with Santi van den Berg
(the producer of ANNIE)...

Then he greeted the audience with a 'bark on command'.

After a short speech by Santi, we were presented with an amazing gift...

I was pretty choked up...
They presented me with a beautiful portrait of
TOBY ON STAGE
It was lovingly painted by the Art teacher of the school -
GESIE MARSHALL

What an incredible and thoughtful gift!
It took me totally by surprise.
Then they handed the microphone to me...

 I got to say my own special thank you to the assembled audience..

When the little presentation was over, TOBY gave his old familiar
'Bow on stage' 
(The children loved it!)

Lorraine and I joined Gesie outside for a short chat and an opportunity to take a special photograph...

I would like to extend my sincerest thanks, once again,  to Gesie, Santi, the teachers and the whole cast of
 for this beautiful gift.

You are an amazingly talented bunch of people and it has been an enormous privilege to have been able to work with you and to be part of your production.

THANK YOU! 
 THANK YOU! 
THANK YOU!

What a way to start a week!
Sending lotsaluv

17 comments:

Chester said...

What a wonderful way to honor you and Toby for all the hard work you put into your part of the Annie production. You were choked up and I am a little misty-eyed myself. What a wonderful group to work with and an experience neither of you will ever forget, I'm sure.

Max would be quite proud of your continuing to live life to the fullest even after he is gone!

Chester's Mom ;0-)

Scout and Freyja said...

I have a feeling that for you and Toby your adventures are just beginning. Toby is such a special dog and such a good ambassador for canines the world over.

My Dog Sam - Ruptured Disk said...

Hi Maxmom and Toby, that's really super. We watched the video and thought that Toby did an excellent job and probably "stole the show". Excellent job and well deserved recognition.

Berts Blog said...

That is so cool. Just think Toby, this is just your first year. You are gonna take the world by storm....I can see it.

Hey tell MAXMOM that we all want a close up picture of the painting in your next posting if she can

It looks incredibly.

What a wonderful way to thank you for all your hard work.

Bert

Two French Bulldogs said...

Oh Toby what exciting news. You really are a star!
Benny & Lily

♥I am Holly♥ said...

Congratulations!!! That is so exciting! What an honour!!! Toby is just starting out and look how far he has come already!! Lots of love, Debbie & Holly

Mrs. JP said...

What a nice thank you they gave you! You should find someone to paint Aunt Tammy and The King! I know you were overwhelmed; I would have been.
Good job to Toby. I'll never tire of the bow.

Piappies World said...

Congratulations, Toby! That's really pawesome! We are always proud of you and we are happy that you continue to bring smiles to more people.

Love,
Piappies Fudgie, Princess, Frappie, Mocha, Sugar, Wai-Pai, Wai-Max & Forgie

Jake of Florida said...

How thoughtful of the school folks -- but how well deserved for both you and Toby.

And how cool that he has his own painting prepared by loving hands, just as Max does. Very cool!

Joan

The Life of Riley said...

Toby's first portrait. What a thoughtful suprise.

Anonymous said...

What a Pawsome gift that is quite well deserved there Toby!

Congrats!!!!!

woos, Tessa

sprinkles said...

How thoughtful of the school to give you such a great painting of Toby!

pam said...

What a thoroughly wonderful gift. Good Job Toby and TobyMom...

Molly the Airedale said...

Your portrait is just beautiful, Toby! You truly are a superstar!

Love ya lots
Maggie and Mitch

Sheila and Bob said...

A wonderful honor to a Beautiful and wonderful Golden.
The portrait is beautiful and something to treasure for a lifetime.

Sheila & Bob

Tweedles -- that's me said...

I bet you were overwhelmed by all this happening!
Toby and you were so appreciated!
Can you imagine the excitement in all of them who were preparing this for you- knowing that you did not have a clue,,, and they could hardly wait to see your expression.
This was very exciting and gave me goose bumps as you tell us about it.
love
tweedles

Curt Rogers said...

What a great afternoon that must have been! I can't imagine how wonderful it must have felt to be back on old, familiar turf and to be recognized in such a special way. But you know, they say that you get what you give, so everything you and Toby received that day was simply a reflection of a portion of what you have shared with the world. I firmly believe this to be true. You and your dogs are remarkable beings.