Tuesday, August 30, 2011

A SPRING MID-MORNING BREAK

GREETINGS FROM SOUTH AFRICA!
MAXMOM here...

Hello there to all our friends around the world!

We are having such beautiful weather here in
Johannesburg, South Africa. 
Spring is upon us and all the trees are sprouting new little green buds.

  It really is such a pretty time of the year - invigorating, and filled with all the hope for a new beginning.

Our resident weaver bird is buzzing around his developing harem.  There is a lot to do in preparation for his productive months ahead.

Me?  I simply couldn't stay indoors today...The "outdoors" is calling!
So I abandoned my work surrounding MAXDOG and grabbed my car keys.

My friend Lorraine and I decided to make the most of the morning and pay a visit to a new venue for tea and cake.  They are one of my new followers on Twitter:




 Lorraine and I decided to go and see if they were as good as they said they were.
We were in for a really pleasant surprise...It was lovely!

Their homely cafe is situated adjacent to a small nursery,  and it provides a warm, tranquil ambience for its patrons.

The decor inside the cafe is really inviting too...

...as were the delicious delectables: an array of mouth-watering cakes.

Lorraine ordered a slice of cheesecake with her tea...
 ...and I ordered a slice of carrot cake.
All I can say is...
"YUmmm...!!!"

Whilst we were drinking our tea and chatting, we both had a similar brainwave...

"Could this place possibly be suitable for a book launch..???"
mmmm....just saying!

What a lovely morning...
...with much food for thought.
...and the thinking will continue.

Our get-together for tea this morning was a welcome break from the all preparations surrounding

You can read more about my book
Please don't forget to email me if you would like me to reserve a copy for you:

Sending lotsaluv to all our friends across the world.
Seize the day!


 

14 comments:

WFT Nobby said...

Just love the crocheted tea cosy! (My Granny had one rather similar).
Cheers, Gail.

Mrs. JP said...

What a great place to go and have "girl time!" It looks like going to someone's home and carving your own little nook. Having the nursery just across the way is such a bonus/temptation for me because I'd have to visit every time.
Your weaver bird can make the prettiest nests. Do you ever get one down after they are through with it?
I'm sure that Toby isn't lacking attention--they have a way of getting it whether we want to give it or not!!

Two French Bulldogs said...

Oh my goodness Toby, you better get a biscuit from that very cool tea shop
Benny & Lily

♥I am Holly♥ said...

That sounds like a great day out!! Springtime is so much fun!! Toby, we hope you got some treats when mom came home! Lots of love, Debbie & Holly

My Dog Sam - Ruptured Disk said...

Hi Maxmom, looks like a fine place to go, Did you bring back treats for Toby and the other kids?? No??? I guess you'll just have to go back :)

Anna the GSD said...

Wow, tea, cakes and comfy surroundings! Looks like a winner to me!!

Anonymous said...

Wow that sure did look like a great place for a book launch

BUT....

Where were the dogs??? I agree with Toby, why no dogs?

woos, Tessa

STELLA and RORY from Down Under said...

I think the tea rooms would be perfect for a book launch. Doesn't reading and eating go hand in hand? Spring? Isn't is wonderful. Have a great week. No worries, and love, Carol (and Stella). P.S. Stella says its totally unfair Toby and the gang couldn't go and did you bring them home some cake? xx

sprinkles said...

What a quaint little cafe! It looks like the perfect spot for a book release party!

I keep forgetting to email you, I really have to do that!

Maggie Mae and Max said...

MaxMom,

What a nice place to have your book launch. :) Mom is gonna send you as email to reserve a copy of your book too. I sure hopes you can pawtograph it fur me.

Woofs and Licks,
Maggie Mae

kissa-bull said...

it looked wonderful and we really enjoyed seeing the nice weather as opposed to the unbearable heat we are going through here in texas. thanks for the bewootiful pictures

pibble sugars
the pittie pack

KB said...

Aw Toby, but your mom had so much fun!

You have signs of spring and we have signs of autumn. It feels so very odd to be on opposite ends of the spectrum. Happy Spring to you!

The Thuglets said...

Wow..the cafe looked lovely and the cakes looked dalicious!

We just ahd the last days of summer and its cold and windy with us.

Big Nose Pokes
The Thugletsx

Tweedles -- that's me said...

Isn't spring so full of magical moments? And what a perfect day to escape with a friend and feel inspiration from a new place to visit!
I think the little tea shop would be a perfect place to launch your book,,, just perfect.
The beauutiful little weaver bird thinks so too.
Toby, I bet you got some sort of treat when your mom got home.
love
tweedles