Wednesday, August 24, 2011

MAXDOG: Is it the FINISH line, or the START line?

GREETINGS FROM SOUTH AFRICA!
MAXMOM here...


Dear friends,


Have you ever ridden on a wave of purpose? Been thrown in a sea of resolve? Knew, with absolute certainty that you simply HAD to complete the task you’d set yourself?

Well, that is what it’s been like, over the past 19 months, with my book - MAXDOG. I can finally see that elusive finish line (although some wisely say, “It’s only the ‘start’ line!”).

In the beginning of December, just before Christmas, and if all goes well, MAXDOG will be on the shelves for purchase. It will also be available online. This will finally become my gift to the world – the frightening baring of my soul for anyone who might choose to hear Max’s story and to be part of my journey. Some of my followers may well be getting a little tired of my excitement. But I’ve be working on it for so long that I can hardly contain myself any more. For this, I don’t apologise.

Well friends, it’s happening as we speak. By early next week, I will be presented with some cover design options for MAXDOG. The choices will begin: Which design? Which pictures? Which layouts? Which fonts? As well as the long discussions about editing. I can hardly believe that it’s all finally happening. I’m already internalising the emotion I will feel when I finally see his incredible face looking up at me from the cover of the book…

MAXDOG, immortalised!

But then again…this has become my life’s dream. I suppose it’s natural to be overwhelmed with excitement and apprehension – all mixed up with a bit of fear. What if it works? What if people really like MAXDOG? What if I’ve been right all along?

 Sometimes our biggest fear is the fear of success…or fear itself.
 But Maxdog taught me humility and that I will always cherish.

It’s a stange place to be – like a bird, ready to stretch out its wings, bracing itself for the wind. Perhaps it’s also bittersweet because once MAXDOG goes into print, it’s as if I’m saying "Goodbye" all over again. But this time, I know that the “Goodbye” has a purpose – to touch the hearts of others around the world who may also need to be uplifted by this incredible Angel dog. It’s therefore not surprising that my prayer continues:

“Wherever MAXDOG goes, let it do good”

MAXDOG will be available from the beginning of December this year. My initial print run will only be 400 books. Should you wish to secure a copy of this book, please would you email me: carylmoll@yahoo.com. I would love to do this for my friends and will put a book aside for you with absolute pleasure. Prices are yet to be determined and I will notify you the minute I know for certain. It appears that the book will be priced around R160. Obviously, I will have to add on the postage for my international readers. The book will also be available for purchase from a number of alternative sources – including local South African book stores and online sources.  International readers will also be able to purchase it from Amazon.com, as a ‘Print on demand’ book and an e-book. But if you want more personalised attention, then I will be delighted to be part of your purchase.

In the meantime, here is the ‘BOOK BLURB” for MAXDOG

---xXx---

"MAXDOG"


AUTHOR: Caryl Moll
PUBLISHED BY: Porcupine Press

(Available from: early December 2011)

---xXx---
MAXDOG is the story of a Golden Retriever who becomes a rock of emotional support for his owner after she faces a series of devastating life events that plunge her into deep depression. Years later, the tables are turned and roles are reversed, when Max is diagnosed with a cancer that will soon take his life.

In her journey to personal healing, Max's owner rediscovers her love of writing and begins an inspirational internet blog sharing Max’s final months with her readers. MAXDOG of South Africa, the blog, captures a world-wide audience giving Max's owner new purpose and direction in her life.

MAXDOG is filled with laughter, tears and bittersweet moments that will pull the reader into its pages. This heartwarming tale is testimony to the enduring power of the human spirit and the unconditional love shared between a Golden Retriever and its owner

“This is my dog;
Nothing he lacks.
My faithful companion,
This is my Max.”

---xXx---

Remember, please email me if you want to secure a copy.


Sending lotsaluv and thanks for your continued support.
















---xXx---

18 comments:

Angus said...

Sweet, sweet Max.

WFT Nobby said...

So exciting!

STELLA and RORY from Down Under said...

Hi Caryl, wow a published author. You should be very proud of yourself. Max would be smiling for sure! No worries, and love, Stella

Angel Ginger Jasper said...

I will be in the queue for sure. I wouldnt miss out on a copy for anything. We could never be bored with news of the book so keep on letting us know. Mum will drop you a quick email and good luck.. HUgs GJ xx

Becky Andrews said...

So exciting!! Keep sharing and will email you!

NanaNor's said...

Oh my sweet friend, I'm so very excited for you. I will plan on getting my books from Amazon but I will get several. The description is so touching and I can't wait to read the whole story, even though I know the ending. I'll also need kleenex(tissues)I think.
Bless you today.
Love, Noreen & Reggie

Two French Bulldogs said...

Wow what an accomplishment. Sure is exciting
Benny & Lily

My Dog Sam - Ruptured Disk said...

Hi Maxmom, we look forward to more excerpts from the book. I'm sure that my mom and dad will like it.

Mrs. JP said...

Look for my e-mail...congratulations!

Scout and Freyja said...

It's not the end, Caryl, it is a moment in the time. There is so much more to be realized and things to discover about yourself, the world and the Universe. Along with being a mother, wife, sister, daughter, friend, etc. you are now going to be a published author.

Jans Funny Farm said...

I am so happy that you are seeing something dear to your heart coming to pass. I won't be able to purchase a copy but I can send warm wishes for your success.

24 Paws of Love said...

Is it a little bit of both? Aren't we always at the beginning and end of something? One thing for certain is that the journey never ends...

Angel Junior, Orion and Sammy said...

We can't wait for it come out! Will it be in regular bookstores or just online at Amazon?

The Life of Riley said...

What great news! I don't think there is a start or finish line - just a journey that continues one small step (or paw step) at a time. This is your path, that you have shared with Max, and I'm sure the day the first copy of your book arrives and you hold it in your hands that you won't be able to stop smiling at Max's face looking back at you, knowing that your words and his story will continue to spread around the world.

We are so happy for you, and look forward to reading your book about Max.

Love
Riley and his mum

Anonymous said...

Congrats Carol on a long hard road.

I am thrilled that Max will be published and look forward to purchasing my Max ebook!

Best! Blu and Tessa too

♥I am Holly♥ said...

This is so exciting!!! I want a book! I'll email you!!!! This is a new beginning for Maxdog which means he will be with everyone all of the time!!!! You are so wonderful at writing...I cannot wait to read Maxdog! Lots of love and hugs, Debbie & Holly

Curt Rogers said...

I am so excited for you. What an incredible opportunity this has been, and a challenge well-met. You should be proud. I can't wait!

Tweedles -- that's me said...

We are so excited for you.
We never get tired of heating about this huge miracle that is happening
love
tweedles