Friday, August 12, 2011

A TYPICAL DOGGIE-DAY, in photographs...

GREETINGS FROM SOUTH AFRICA!
TOBY here...

Hello there fur-buddies,
I thought I'd show you, in photographs, one of our typical doggie-days here in South Africa...

It's nearly Spring-time and the temperatures are warming up.  After we've woken the Boss up - for early morning garden calls - we return to our comfortable beds to sleep in a bit...
 (Above: Me snoozing in the early-morning sunshine)
 (Above: "The King", very comfortable on his throne)
(Above: Aunt Tam', about to roach in the sunshine)

The kitchen always holds some nice doggie-treats, so we spend a lot of time there, during the day, when Maxmom is around...



Sometimes, I might go into the garden, to enjoy a stick or two.

When Maxmom gets home from her errands, I am always there to meet her.


In fact, when anyone arrives home, I will run around madly with a blanket in my mouth. 

Do any of you do this too?

And then...our favourite time of the day...
When the sun starts to go down...

...we get to climb in the car...

Maxmom takes us to the doggie park/run, where we get to meet our doggie-pals...


...sniff trees...


and run free...
 Above: me (Toby) on the run
 Above: Aunt Tam' on the run
Above: Me again.

There is a beautiful view of the city from our doggie-park...

Sometimes, after supper, I get to cuddle in Maxmom's arms...

...and tomorrow, the whole cycle will begin again.

I think I have a great life, don't you?

Wishing everyone a happy weekend.
Lotsalicks

22 comments:

Dexter said...

Looks like a great way to spend the day.

Slobbers,
Mango

Berts Blog said...

Yes Toby, I agree....you have a great life. I love all the pictures and your doggy friends at the park look great.

No I don't carry around a blanky when company comes but when I go to sleep I use my bed as a passifier.

My Vickie says that I should stop because just babies use pacifiers ,but I sleep so much better if I do.

have a great day.

Bert

Mrs. JP said...

Who could ask for anything more? I love the picture of Toby in the kitchen--he looks like he has a secret :O) I like his greeting. Is that his blanket or someone else that he borrow for the welcome home parade ;)
Really good post. I enjoyed your day.

My Dog Sam - Ruptured Disk said...

Hi everyone, looks like you have full days filled with play, treats, Maxmom and friends. You guys are doing very well.

WFT Nobby said...

You certain do have a great life Toby. (On small quibble though. Only 'sometimes' a post-supper cuddle with Maxmom? If that's really true, I'd insist on an upgrade to 'most times'!)
Toodle pip!
Bertie.
PS I don't do that thing with the blanket. I prefer to have my mouth fully available so that if something interesting presents itself, it can be readily grabbed between my teeth...

Anonymous said...

What a golorious way to spend the day!

woos, Tessa

verobirdie said...

You are all so cute. I love you when you are going around with your blanket. But, between us, where did the year go, it seems only yesterday when you were a puppy.
Tell your mom the spring is almost here. Just a few weeks to wait. I wish I could send you some heat.

Two French Bulldogs said...

We love your doggie DAY in S. Africa
Benny & Lily

Boondocks Love Shack Pack said...

'dats de life, dawg!!

Great pics!!

AROOOOF!
Boondocks and The Love Shack Pack
www.theloveshackpack.com

NanaNor's said...

Hi Maxmom and Toby, Just love all the photos-thank you for sharing. You are certainly a blessed bunch. Sending lots of love your way for a wonderful weekend.
Hugs, Noreen & Reggie

Chester said...

We live so very far apart yet our days are quite similar. I used to greet Mom with sumpthin' in my mouth but then she took everythin' away from me thru the day - I guess 'cuz I would eat things I shouldn't. But then I get to run free every night, not in a dawg park but in my Pappy's woods. Lots and lotsa smells to discover! We got lucky to have 2 leggers who know how to make us happy, didn't we Toby?

A wonderful weekend to you all!
Chester ;0=)

Rob said...

It looks to me like you have a great time.

STELLA and RORY from Down Under said...

Hi Toby, you do have a great life. Isn't it great that spring is just around the corner. No worries, and love, Stella

Angel Junior, Orion and Sammy said...

That is a good life Toby! Our Meowm would love some Toby cuddle time!

Molly the Airedale said...

That looks like the perfect day to us, guys!

Love ya lots
Maggie and Mitch

♥I am Holly♥ said...

All of you have a wonderful way to spend the day!!! Lots of love, Debbie & Holly

Frankie Furter and Ernie said...

I agree that you have a SUPER life, Toby. Esp. the Stick and the dawg pawk and the cuddle stuffs.

sprinkles said...

You sure have busy days, Toby! I agree with Frankie -- lots and lots of cuddles!

Golden Woofs! SUGAR said...

Woof! Woof! Golden Hello! Passing by to say Lots of Golden Woofs for your Barkday Wishes. I had a PAWSOME 10th Barkday! Lots of Golden Woofs, Sugar

As always, Golden CUTE. Golden Woofs

Tweedles -- that's me said...

Hi Toby
Isn't it so amazing that now spring will be coming to you? I think its a great time of year,, days get longer and beautiful sunsets.
I love your Daily Life,, its looks fun to me.. I like to hang in the kitchen too- where all the treats are. But going to the park and running as fast as you can- that must be the most fun of all,,
UNTIL,,, your in the arms of your mom- snuggling and catching some naps.
love
tweedles

Curt Rogers said...

It seems that no matter where you live, if you're a Golden and are luck enough to have a two-legged companion who loves you very much, your days are spent blissfully.

D.K. Wall said...

We think you have a terrific life!