Monday, May 7, 2012

THE BRIGHTEST MOON FUELS DOGGIE-GAMES

GREETINGS FROM SOUTH AFRICA!
MAXMOM here...





Somehow our world seems so different at night - especially with the earth being so close to the full moon at the moment. 

 Last night offered us one of the best moon sightings ever. 
The glowing heavenly body looked absolutely magnificent against the backdrop of our cloudless sky. 

Solitary leaves added to the ambience.  
We are reminded that it is the Autumn season and that winter will soon be upon us.  




The whole setting offered me a wonderful opportunity  to experiment with my camera.

While I was taking photographs, the dogs were exploring the garden...


A little dove, nesting in the tree, didn't seem too perturbed by my intrusion.

But she did look so much brighter this morning 

When the sun comes up, it's playtime for dogs...
I think the full moon added a heightened surge of energy.

 I always marvel at how the 'young' take advantage of the 'old'.

Then again, I am reminded that a simple 'shake' from Tammy, will put a halt to Toby's antics.

Don't ever doubt that she has him firmly under her paw.
Matriarch vs Hooligan?
Don't be fooled: Matriarch ALWAYS wins!

What do you think Tammy spotted on the neighbour's wall?
(Look carefully. See if you can spot it...behind the bird's nest)
 Yep, you guessed.... Aunt Tam's favourite!!!


Guaranteed to set off a barking frenzy.

Never a dull moment in our household!



Sending lotsaluv

15 comments:

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

That really was such a beautiful moon. Lovely pics of the pups - those kitties would set off a barking frenzy here too, but we must add that we love our blogging pal kitties:)

Woos - Phantom, Thunder, Ciara, and Lightning

Mrs. JP said...

What lovely and action packed pictures. Aren't you glad that Toby got to grow up under Tammy's tutelage? I think she's been a splendid example....I mean you can only do so much with a sweet hooligan!

Suka said...

Your moon photos are beautiful!

What a great post! Full of such happiness and fun and beauty! I love seeing Toby and Tammy playing. And very funny about Tammy the Matriarch putting her paws down when playtime is over. :->

Kitty-cat is brave to tempt the pups!

Suka

WFT Nobby said...

I'm envious of your beautiful moon pictures. As so often, it was cloudy here!
Cheers, Gail.

Frankie Furter and Ernie said...

It really WAS a B B B moon, Wasn't it!
Big
Bright
Beautiful

Mary Lou said...

Caryl....
Your moon pictures are breathtaking!! Just beautiful.... I love the Autumn leaves as they hung from their branches attempting to hide moon's "heavenly body"!! ;-D
Thank-you for commenting on my blog!! Five times!! Wow.... I truly appreciated it!! ;op
Love, Raelyn.... And Rose, my BEAUTIFULLY UNIQUE "Mystery Dog"!!

My Dog Sam - Ruptured Disk said...

Hi Maxmom, the moon was bright the other night. So much better to make sure that there are no skunks hiding in the yard.

Unknown said...

what a great scenery, max is doing great with his paw friends, lots of having fun and they are all energetic on their cuddling moments.


Dog Shock Collar | Puppy & Human Bond

STELLA and RORY from Down Under said...

Never a dull moment in your household? Welcome to the club hehehe. No worries, and love, Carol (and Stella and Rory)

Tweedles -- that's me said...

Oh your moon photos were beautiful. Our moon did not come up until 230 in the morning , so we missed it.
We love the photos of Tammy and Toby!
love
tweedles

Scout and Freyja said...

You celebrate fall and I am marveling at the new leaves on the trees and all of my perennials that are poking up through the warm soil.

It's so lovely to see Tammy having such a good time with Toby. I think he's given her a new lease on life☺.

KB said...

It's the same way in our house - the matriarch always wins over the hooligan! Great photos, both of the dogs and of the moon!

Dexter said...

Oh I love that super bitey face action! Old dogs know more tricks, that's for sure and the wee puppy never forgets who was there first.

Slobbers,
Mango

sprinkles said...

Never a dull moment at my house either right now. I'm pet sitting my dad's beagle. My littlest chi is bound and determined to play mattress mambo with him and he keeps trying to get away. I'm constantly trying to separate the two.

The Thuglets said...

Wow lots of fun and games.
Fabulous photos of the moon but especially of your gorgeous Tammy and Toby!

Have a great week
Big Nose Pokes
The Thugletsx