Sunday, May 20, 2012

CANINE BLISS...

GREETINGS FROM SOUTH AFRICA!
MAXMOM here...


Nothing is more satisfying (from a dog's point-of-view) than sleeking into a sunny corner, on a cold winter's morning, armed with an old bone to savour. 

In the early morning, sunlight streams through our bedroom curtains. 
Today, however, I woke to the satisfying sounds of salivation: 

* the smacking of and lips and teeth;
* the hollow sounds of teeth scraping against bone;
* the soft canine moans of satisfaction and 
*the mirthful laughter of my husband. 




 I must point out that, as far as 'bones' are concerned, I only ever give my dogs sturdy marrow-bones.  In addition, they are always under supervision.  Any other bone is banned - one simply cannot risk that inevitable trip to the vet.

This morning, it was an old bone - given to TOBY by 'The Boss' during his early morning tea routine. I received a cup of tea in bed and TOBY received his bone.

 Oh the joy!

 TOBY surely must have the longest tongue in the world:  it's able to extend THROUGH the bone,right to the tip of his nose. I've never seen anything like it.

What a way to start our day!
Enjoy your Sunday!
With love

10 comments:

WFT Nobby said...

Ah, sunlight. Thanks for reminding us what that is....

The Life of Riley said...

Such a long tounge!

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

Toby's pictures made me laugh--They really are able to get to and THROUGH just about anything, aren't they?

Enjoy your day Caryl, you've certainly started it off on a good note!!

Tam said...

I have just finished reading your book, Caryl. Just as in 2 minutes ago. How brave of you to put it all on paper and send it out into the world. I was very touched by the story. I recently suffered the loss of my beloved cat, Bodhi (who was poisoned) and a pup named Diego who was only with us for a day from the SPCA. I didn't think that I could face reading such a book, but it was indeed inspiring - as you wished it would be.

I too have been a long time sufferer of depression. Since I was about 12 - runs in the family. Doing well now, though.

Thank you for bravely telling your story.

T

How Sam Sees It said...

OMD - I would be laughing and unable to drink my tea!

Sam

Millie and Walter said...

Toby sure was enjoying that treat. He looks so happy with his tongue sticking through the bone.

Cindy

Frankie Furter and Ernie said...

Oh TOBY.... You surely do know how to start a morning off on the Right PAW!

Mary Lou said...

MAXMOM....
I love how Toby's tongue is sticking through his bone!! Too adorable!! ;op
Love, Raelyn.... And Rose, my BEAUTIFULLY UNIQUE "Mystery Dog"!!

MySpecialDoggies said...

What sweet pictures of Toby & his bone!

Woofs
Nadine & golden Neeli

The Thuglets said...

What lovely photos!
Just the ticket to start your day.

Big Nose Pokes
The Thugletsx