Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Something to look forward to...

GREETINGS FROM SOUTH AFRICA!
MAXMOM here...

On Saturday, ‘The Boss’ and I are going off to the northern coast of KZN for a bit of a holiday together. Last Sunday, it was our 29th Wedding anniversary. This trip will be our first ‘holiday’ in many years without the girls and it’s probably time that we rekindled the old flames.




I am so looking forward to relaxing under a shady umbrella with my nose in a good book, whilst ordering cocktails and listening to the waves breaking on the nearby beach. I can almost feel the sea-breeze in my face and sunshine on my arms.
At sunset, we’ll stroll up the endless beach adjacent to the nearby estuary and listen to the birds chattering in the trees. We’ll side-step crabs and seek out little fish in the rock pools. I can’t wait to feel the sea-sand between my toes. South Africa has some of the best beaches in the world… Indian Ocean, here we come!


Some of my readers may remember that, due to the launch of MAXDOG and my publicity commitments over December I was only able to join my family, on what was supposed to be our family's annual holiday, for two very short days. It was a bit of disappointment too; the weather was horrible and it was hardly a ‘holiday’. I am really looking forward to this opportunity to “get away from it all”.
It’s probably the perfect timing too: MAXDOG has quietened down for the moment and I’m only expecting the next print-run of 1000x copies to arrive on the 20th February – when we return.
(At the moment there are only 25 books left from the first print-run of 500 copies, so get yours now if you haven't done so yet!)


Here in Johannesburg, the city has reverted to its mad daily rush. The roads are congested and the mood business-like. When people leave their offices in the afternoons, they usually face the dark, ominous clouds of building storms which have been battering our city lately. The lightning displays during these evening thunderstorms have been spectacular and could easily compete against any fireworks display. It’s enough to send any animal cowering. As a result of all the rain, our world is green and lush – unlike the snowy landscapes that I see on some of the blogs my northern hemisphere blogging buddies.
(African Rock Pigeon - in our garden)


King Toffee had a bath today. He looks beautiful again.


 I’ve recently put him onto the tinned version of the Hills KD diet and he’s suddenly come to life. He barks at intruders and still jumps onto couches and laps with ease.
One would never say that he’s turning FIFTEEN YEARS OLD this year!

Toby has taken to the swimming pool in a big way. Like his predecessor, he regularly takes a dip when I am out shopping and then converts himself into a muddy apparition before my return. It’s most frustrating – he’s meant to be a house-dog and he’s always at my feet, so I spend my life cleaning him up while Tammy looks on in canine amusement.

Sweet hooligan!

Wishing all my friends across the world a wonderful, happy week.
...and lotsaluv too...



 

PS.  I would really appreciate it if you would spread the word about the availability of MAXDOG.  The book can be ordered directly  from me: carylmoll@yahoo.com  or, if you like, you can purchase the eBook by clicking HERE. The 'Print-on-demand' version of the book will become available on Amazon.com in the next month or two. 
Please help me get the word out there... I really need your support!

12 comments:

WFT Nobby said...

Hi MaxMom
Great news that your first print run of MaxDog has all but sold out. Bertie and I will be posting a review of the book sometime in the next month. (I didn't do it immediately as I like time to consider these things, but now that the book is more readily available internationally, I think it's about time).
Enjoy your well deserved holiday. It sounds great. I wonder what books you will be reading?
So good to read that King Toffee is thriving!
Cheers,
Gail.

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous picture of King Toffee!

Frankie Furter and Ernie said...

CONGRATULATIONS ON THE BOOK!!

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!!!!!!!!

How Sam Sees It said...

We hope you have the best vacation - you deserve it!

Sam

Angel Ginger Jasper said...

Have a wonderful vacation and relax and be spoiled. I so hope that the next run of books goes well because its fabulous and needs to be read. Good luck. Now go and enjoy that sun, sea and bliss.. HUgs GJ xx

Two French Bulldogs said...

When you said you and the boss we thought you meant King Toffee, BOL. Have a wonderful time and Happee Anny
Benny & Lily

Mrs. JP said...

Happy Anniversary to you both! I know you'll have a great time sea-side.

NanaNor's said...

Hi sweet friend, Happy Anniversary to you and your man. What a wonderful get away and your beaches sound so divine. Next week we are going back to Ca. for a weeks visit-family and friends and I hope to get to the ocean as well but our weather will be far from the warm weather you will have. Blessings and much love to you all.
Noreen & Reggie

rottrover said...

Congrats on the second printing of Maxdog!! Have a wonderful vacation. Rest, relax and re-kindle ;-)

-Bart, Ruby and Lisa

sprinkles said...

I hope you have a wonderful vacation! Sometimes we all need to get away from it all and you really deserve it!

Tweedles -- that's me said...

Happy Anniversary- and have the most wonderful vacation !
love
tweedles

H and Flo said...

Happy anniversary. Looks like a great place to spend a few days and unwind. Have a great time. :)