Friday, March 30, 2012

What do you see when you look at me?

GREETINGS FROM SOUTH AFRICA!
MAXMOM here...

What do you see when you look at me?
You don't talk, yet you say so much.
What have I done to deserve such devotion?

When I stroke your soft fur, all my tension dissolves. 
I can't help but laugh when I play with your snout:
 Your eyes follow me and become squint as I move closer.  
You sit so still - almost immobilised - as I plant my kiss.And when I finally retreat your tail goes into action; your panting increases and your long tongue hangs out in a broad Golden smile - just for me
Oh Toby, you are so cute!

Who would have thought that one heart-dog would be followed by another?

13 comments:

Angel Tucker, Daisy and Leo said...

So glad Toby came into your life. He's such a handsome fellow, like Max.

Tucker and Daisy

Asta said...

Mommi says it's a miwacle how we doggies see the best in hoomans and we awe so vewy happy that Max sent you anothew heawt doggie
Smoochie kisses
Asta

Val said...

okay, you've got me in tears this a.m. Interesting how they always find their way into our hearts isn't it?! They silently work their magic. I feel sorry for those that don't have a dog in their life, all that extra love they miss out on.

Two French Bulldogs said...

We like this post
Benny & Lily

Angel Ginger Jasper said...

two heart dogs is a special gift indeed.. Beautiful Toby was sent to you for sure... Hugs GJ xx

Dexter said...

Toby, dude, those were some big paws to fill, but I think you did it.

Slobbers,
Mango

P.S. We got your book today but momma says she is being hunted by the library police and has to finish her library book first.

My Dog Sam - Ruptured Disk said...

Toby, you're one good looking puppy.

sprinkles said...

I often wonder what my dogs are thinking too.

Tweedles -- that's me said...

Those eyes speak feeling that have no words.
They are feelings of love from the heart.
love
tweedles

WFT Nobby said...

We see devotion in Toby's eyes.

Milo and Alfie Marshall said...

We see a little bit of Max in Toby's sweet loving eyes. What a fine boy he has grown into.

The Thuglets said...

What a lovely photo of Toby. Beautiful deep pools for eyes.

Have a great weekend
Big Nose Pokes
The Thugletsx

MySpecialDoggies said...

You can see into his soul - what a beautiful doggie you are Toby and how lucky Maxmom is to be your Mom. I feel the same way about my beloved Neeli.

Woofs,
Nadine & golden Neeli